TREATMENT STRATERGY

Having done dual treatment for the hepatitis c virus twice, one round of 24 weeks, where everything that could go wrong,went wrong, then a 2nd round of 49 weeks that was a much smoother journey.

This time I have come prepared & every little measure within my power has been applied.

I will truly be able to say that if I had to do it again, there's nothing I'd change.

The way I broke it down is sacrifice trying to carry on living a 'normal life', I'm sensitive at the best of times. I found once the Rebetol had taken hold I had little patience with the closest of friends.This comes under my mantra of cut stress out, find your stress triggers & part company. I parked my car in the garage 2yrs ago & there it stays.

You must push your self to get out & have a walk, we know it's good for you but it's also a great way to tell how your body's coping that week. One day on one day off if you can manage it, if your not too well walk round the block. Diet is something you can plan with plenty of tips on hep c sites, Keep it low fat & drink plenty of water ( keep a bottle at your side throughout the day & keep taking a few gulps, it soon adds up ), you may have to revise these foods if your mouth gets sores inside.

Medication is a very important process, get a calendar & tick your A.M dose off then your P.M dose but only & I mean ONLY after you've had it. Attend all clinic appointments & call if you can't get in. They have a lot on & quite frankly it's your problem. If you don't show up without calling, you've wasted an appointment that could have been given to another & so you both loose out. Remember your conduct during tx will be noted & will be taken into consideration when deciding whether to allow you a 2nd attempt should your first attempt fail.

This is your chance to beat this, don't end up as I did after failing, with all those, if only I'd done this or that. Don't fall into the trap of thinking, "well if I take my meds & attend the clinic then I've done my treatment ," on paper maybe but in reality, there is a heck of a lot you need to know about & so it falls to you to find out. Read up on reputable sites & blogs from people like myself, who have been there.

No point crying over spilt milk. Make as many sacrifices as you can & then a few more, it's 11 months out of the rest of your life, no sacrifice that helps a smooth journey can be too small. I failed my first attempt but thankfully my clinic allowed me to try again , the second time I applied what I had learned from the first time, giving me a much smoother easier ride that saw me realise my ultimate goal, " Virus undetected ."

Remember, the responsibility to give it your A game lies with you. Ultimately !


Never Give in, a cure is at hand. Mark my words.


Good luck,

Peter.

No comments: